Monday, January 1, 2018

Waking In Time - #MMDRead a book in one day

I learned how to get Kindle books from my local library.  I know that it isn't hard, but I hadn't sat down to set up accounts etc. until now.   I am such a lover of paper books - the feel, the smell, the ability to browse - that I have procrastinated in moving to a Kindle.  But, I do love being able to check-out books from my couch!

I stumbled on Waking in Time by Angie Stanton as I browsed the Kindle book - UW-Madison stood out bolding in the summary.  I knew I had to read it, having recently graduated from UW.  The first few chapters hit all the major locations on campus with accuracy and nostalgia.  I'm also a sucker for a good time-travel story and I love the attention paid to how the campus changed over time.  That is one thing I'd be fascinated with had I journeyed like Abbi - she travels backward in time, about a decade at a time. Her connections are to a forward traveler, Will; a physics professor who tries to figure out time travel; and her recently deceased grandmother's quilt and hat box filled with hints to a mystery.  Each time Abbi travels, she has to figure out her place in the era while trying to connect the pieces of the mystery, plus she falls in love with Will.

It was a fast and delightful read - especially knowing all the UW-Madison landmarks. This was a fun, first book for my #MMDRead #MMDChallenge - a book to read in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment