Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Tea & Books Reading Challenge - 2 Books - Chamomile Lover

This is a challenge made for me - I love tea and I love books!  As much as I would like to be an Earl Grey lover (as that is my favorite tea) I don't think I'll be able to read 6 large 700+ page books this year.  But, I do have a few on my shelf that I would like to read, so I will be a Chamomile Lover at 2 books, they are:


Tea & Books Reading Challenge


This challenge was inspired by C.S. Lewis' famous words, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."

You better settle in with a large cup of tea, because in this challenge you will only get to read ... wait for it ... books with more than 700 pages. I'm deadly serious. We all have a few of those tomes on our shelves and somehow the amount of pages often prevents us from finally picking them up. You may choose novels only, no short story collections or anthologies, and in case you're trying a short cut by picking large print editions of a book, well I'm sorry, those do not qualify for this challenge! Let's battle those tomes that have been collecting dust on our shelves, so no re-reads, please!

2 Books - Chamomile Lover

4 Books - Berry Tea Devotee

6 Books - Earl Grey Aficionado (this will be the one I'll try)

8 or more Books - Sencha Connoisseur



This is the sponsoring blog, so click on this to sign up!
The Book Garden

*****

RULES
Anyone may join. Just leave a comment on the Book Garden blog with the following info:
Name / Blog (if you have one) / Chosen Level

The Book Garden wil comprise a list with everyone and add it to this page!

Updates on the challenge will be posted on a regular basis and you may then comment with your own progress.

The challenge will take place between January 1st and December 31st 2012.

You can join any time between now and early 2012.

You have to pick a level, though you may "upgrade" to the next one at any time. In this case just drop me a line, so I can change your previous level.

You don't need to list your books ahead of time, though I won't object if you do. I'm definitely curious about your book choices for these challenges.

The books you choose may crossover into other challenges.

Both physical and eBooks are allowed, though personally I feel that especially the Tea & Books Reading Challenge is more fun with real books.

Reviews of the books read are not mandatory.

1 comment: